- Humans are limited in their capacity to process information. This has important
implications for design.
- Information is received and responses given via a number of input and output
- visual channel
- auditory channel
- haptic channel
- Information is stored in memory:
- sensory memory
- short-term (working) memory
- long-term memory
- Information is processed and applied:
- problem solving
- skill acquisition
- Emotion influences human capabilities.
- Users share common capabilities but are individuals with differences, which
should not be ignored.