Human-Computer Interaction 3e Dix, Finlay, Abowd, Beale
hypertext, multimedia and the world-wide web
- Hypertext allows documents to be linked in a non-linear fashion.
- Multimedia incorporates different media: sound, images, video.
- The world wide web is a global hypermedia system.
- Animation and video can show information that is difficult to convey statically.
- Applications of hypermedia include online help, education and e-commerce
- Design for the world wide web illustrates general hypermedia design, but
also has its own special problems.
- Dynamic web content can be used for simple online demonstration or for complete
web-based business applications.